tatoswest

http://otomotiffres.blogspot.com/

Japan Envy: Limited edition game consoles, Kingdom Hearts edition

Sometimes I feel like I could just throw my money in Square Enix's general direction. I know that's a funny thing to say, given my recent disdain for certain Final Fantasy titles that will not be mentioned, but for some reason I keep going back to Square Enix for more, particularly when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. The release date and a limited edition 3DS for the latest Kingdom Hearts title have been announced, and I am really liking the 3DS's design.
source
Even if you don't like Kingdom Hearts, you've got to admit that's a pretty sleek design! I particularly like the pink crown and the contrast it provides. Now, I've never bought a limited edition console before, and I'm definitely not going to start here, but that won't stop me drooling over it a little bit.

Kingdom Hearts 3D will be released on March 29th in Japan, which is soon enough that I think it's high time we catch wind of a localization (c'mon, it's bound to happen). Of course, if you want the 3DS, you're going to have to import. The first print run of the game will also include a limited edition AR card, which unlocks a difficult to obtain Dream Eater in the game.

Square Enix also sent out a few new screenshots for the game. One, in particular, is pretty interesting to me:


Now maybe I've been out of the loop, but I honestly didn't realize Axel would be in the game (those of you who've played Kingdom Hearts should know why). Admittedly I was a bit of an Axel fangirl back in the day, so it's nice to see him make a comeback.

EDIT: Well, it has quickly come to my attention that I am incorrect! That's not Axel, but Lea, as is evident in his lack of certain distinct facial markings. I haven't played enough of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep to know much about Lea, and I won't spoil it for you all, but needless to say he isn't all that different from Axel. Now finishing Birth By Sleep before Kingdom Hearts 3D comes out is a top priority! 

Though I should probably know better than to get too excited for a Kingdom Hearts title these days, I'm going to continue to be optimistic for this one. Are any of you planning on picking it up when it comes out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment